Re: [News] Novell Expresses Some Regret Over 'Patent Exchanges' with Microsoft

__/ [ John A. Bailo ] on Thursday 22 March 2007 04:16 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Ron's [Novell CEO] Tiny Regret
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Apparently, Ron Hovsepian does indeed regret the IP covenant aspect
>> | of the Microvell deal, and he confirms that it was Microsoft that
>> | brought that aspect of the agreement to the table in the first place.
>> `----
>>
>> http://boycottnovell.com/2007/03/21/rons-tiny-regret/
>
> Look, he admitted it was wrong and MS ramrodded it in the agreement.
>
> Can't you cut Hovsepian a bit of slack?
>
> I'm really suspecting that RS has his own agenda here.
>
> Who's paying Roy?  RedHat?  Shuttleworth?
>
> Come on, lay your cards down.

Can't you see the deal is hurting Free software in general? I have no
affiliation with any such company and I even used to be a fan of Novell's
work, being a SuSE user. Red Hat's flirting with Microsoft over
interoperability strikes a nerve as well and I'm evidently not the only one
that's suspicious (Michael Larabel begins to think about Ubuntu when he
hears about it).

Novell made a mistake and got received to make to make it. It's /that/
simple.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Never awaking askew, no matter what they ask you