Re: Murphy: Vista Opened the Door to Linux

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> High Plains Thumper on Wednesday
>
>> However, all the tools are there, transform, rotate, erase, etc.  I
>> don't know what all the complaints about how bad this software is
>> exists.  I used GIMP to clean up some digital photographs (crop,
>> correct perspective, tonality, contrast and brightness).  It does it
>> and does it well.
>
> The GIMP does /far/ more. It's somewhat funny that people describe the
> GIMP as a program that does all the basic things.

True, so far I am really impressed with what it does.  Like Peter
Kohlmann says, it is a far greater advantage to be able to spend $500
toward camera equipment afforded by using the tool.  As I mentioned
before, people are not interested in what tool a person uses to arrive
at the result.  They are interested in the result.

--
HPT