Re: MS Dell OEM license agreement ..

  • Subject: Re: MS Dell OEM license agreement ..
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 02:26:37 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ B Gruff ] on Wednesday 21 March 2007 01:30 \__

> On Tuesday 20 March 2007 22:27 Mike wrote:
>
>>> They can't take it down. It's like P2P or YouTube. You whack it from
>>> one side and it pops up in another. They can  break the links, but
>>> they can't stop the many torrents, which make good mirrors.
>>
>> Could they not stop many mirrors due to copyright? I know they'll ave no
>> chance stopped torrents.
>
> I wonder....
>
> I was under the impression that all this stuff had been presented as
> evidence in a court case?
> Isn't it now therefore in the public domain?

I believe it /is/. I can't remember where/when I read this, but such
exhibits, being part of a class action lawsuits, need to allow public
access. Without the Web site, you would have to spend a lot of money
requesting paper copies, which is an arduous process. The Internet makes
corruption more visible. Again. And not even Gates' idea of 'bitrot' will
allow history to slip away and be forgotten.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Yes, I know, but does it run Linux?"
  2:20am  up 9 days 10:23,  8 users,  load average: 0.90, 0.85, 0.88