Re: JavaFX Mobile - New Linux OS-based scripting

__/ [ Guy Fawkes ] on Wednesday 09 May 2007 14:26 \__

> <asjbiotek@xxxxxxxxx> schreef in bericht
>> One big announcement at JavaOne today is an open sourced  Java
>> scripting language (based on F3) that will allow end-to-end GUI
>> development for content developers. The mobile version of this is
>> designed to run on Java ME on Linux OS mobile devices.
>
> Looking at some of the tutorials I was a little shocked: JavaFX is
> simply....wel, Java. Only the syntax is changed from procedural to
> declarative. I don't really see what the big deal is about? Sun would have
> been better off promoting Java instead of spending money on JavaFX. Or they
> could have added some new API's to make it easier to do Flash-like things
> in Java.
>
> Old wine in new flasks...

Wasn't there a Flash FX when it was in Macromedia's 'hands'? Either way, as
Technocrat says, it's binary.

--
                ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | What is all that lipstick in XP's close button?
Tasks: 119 total,   1 running, 116 sleeping,   0 stopped,   2 zombie