[News] [Rival] Vista Compromises Framerate (Bad News for Gamers)

XP vs. Vista - A Tale of Framera

,----[ Quote ]
| Seldom has the rumor mill turned faster than when gamers talk about gaming
| in Vista. Some folks are staying away from the new OS simply because
| they feel it doesn?t game well.
`----

http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTMzNCwxLCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdA==

Dilbert on Vista:

http://pag.csail.mit.edu/~adonovan/dilbert/show.php?day=11&month=6&year=2002

Related (some are betas though):

Quake 4 On XP, Vista, & Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| However, I spent the extra time and while I was at it had run three
| Quake 4 v1.3 benchmarks in XP, Vista, and Fedora Core 6 (2.6.20 kernel).
| The hardware used was a modest AMD Sempron setup with a NVIDIA GeForce
| 6150 and the NVIDIA 1.0-9755 drivers (the hardware chosen was to
| represent the more common Linux user rather than using an octal-core
| setup). The NVIDIA driver on Vista was 100.65 while the XP version
| was 93.71. Below is the average frame-rate from each test on each
| operating system.
`----

http://www.michaellarabel.com/index.php?k=blog&i=164

Vista gaming will be 10 to 15 per cent slower than XP

,----[ Quote ]
| So if you play Battlefield 2 or FEAR or any other popular game
| you are likely to get lower frame rates with Vista. That is
| certainly not a good buying argument but don?t think you
| and I have much choice as it looks like a take it or leave it deal.
| I like Vista as the 3D desktop looks sexy but that is probably
| its key feature.

Microsoft doesn't yet play games on Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| The firm has its Vista logo all over its boothm, but all the
| machines that we investigated were running Windows XP.
|
| Obviously, it is still not the right time to switch to Vista as
| things might be not stable for current games. We hope
| that they can meet the early 2007 schedules.

Valve questions Microsoft's commitment to PC gaming

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://tomshardware.co.uk/2007/03/12/valve_questions_microsofts_commitment/