[News] Review of SAM Linux, Compared to PCLinuxOS

Review of SAM Linux 2007

,----[ Quote ]
| It's a nice release and the XCFE interface serves it well but I
| couldn't say I noticed any real performance gains over PCLOS'
| KDE window manager.
|
| [...]
|
| Someone once told me that SAM2007 is to PCLinuxOS what Mint was to Ubuntu
| and I agree; but probably not for the right reasons.
`----

http://www.seopher.com/articles/review_of_sam_linux_2007

PCLinuxOS 2007 Test Release 4: A Review

,----[ Quote ]
| All in all for a test release this is very mature and I must say
| very attractive looking Desktop Operating System. With fast smooth
| operation even with beryl running this one is a keeper.
`----

http://www.jmantra.com/?p=14

Related:

SAM 2007 released

,----[ Quote ]
| After two test releases I am happy to give you the final version
| of SAM 2007.
`----

http://www.sam-linux.org/

Tuxmachines: Sam Linux 2007--For the XFCE Lover

,----[ Quote ]
| Sam Linux 2007 was released yesterday and since it's been little over
| a year since my last test of Sam, I thought I might see what was new.
| The first Sam I tested two years ago was very unstable, while last
| year's Sam was so much improved. But this year finds Sam based on
| PCLOS 2007 and it is better than ever. It looks better, it performs
| better, it even smells better.
`----

http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/14581

SAM Linux 2007 [Screenshot Gallery]

,----[ Quote ]
| SAM Linux is a distribution we had never heard of in the past, but
| with the 2007 edition of SAM coming out this week we couldn't help
| but to give it a try. SAM Linux is based upon PCLinuxOS and features
| a LiveCD with the Xfce 4.4 desktop. SAM Linux 2007 does include
| Beryl/XGL support, WINE, Flash 9, RealPlayer, Java, and much more.
| It is a clean distribution and looks extremely nice. If you're
| still trying to find the perfect match, SAM Linux 2007 may be
| worth trying out.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=669&num=1

PCLinuxOS passes Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| Interesting tidbit of information...amidst all the hype about Ubuntu and
| Dell PC's...the little distro that could has marched up to the #1
| spot for the span of 7 days.
`----

http://linux-blog.org/index.php?url=archives/203-PCLinuxOS-passes-Ubuntu.html

Google hosts as Ira Hyman introduces PC LinuxOS

,----[ Quote ]
| I must confess, I had never used Linux before, and it never crossed
| my mind to use it in the near future. Like many people I was using
| Windows for years, brought up with the system. Using it at University,
| using it at the library, using it at home. It's right there everywhere
| you go. Ira Hyman, speaker of the night and Director of Product
| Development at The Linux Loft, a Manhattan based company, advocated
| for people to use PCLinuxOS, one of the many distros Linux has,
| tried to convince people to take a closer look at this piece of
| Linux-art.
`----

http://newsblaze.com/story/20070502150502jnyc.nb/newsblaze/TOPSTORY/Top-Stories.html

PCLinuxOS - "The Distro Hopper Stopper" & "Viable Windows Substitute"

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.ejabs.com/blog/2007/05/pclinuxos-the-distro-hopper-stopper-viable-windows-substitute/