[News] [Rival] Bill Gates is a Bully, Says Ex-Softie

Microsoft Memories

,----[ Quote ]
| At some point in your presentation billg will say "that's the dumbest
| fucking idea I've heard since I've been at Microsoft."  He looks like
| he means it.  However, since you knew he was going to say this, you
| can't really let it faze you.  Moreover, you can't afford to look
| fazed; remember: he's a bully.
`----

http://blog.tomevslin.com/2007/05/microsoft_memor.html

Related:

The Narcissistic CEO

,----[ Quote ]
| The desire to change the system is a defining element of narcissism.
| And while it can be inspirational to work for someone like that,
| interacting with a narcissist CEO can be torture. Don't expect praise.
| Get used to hearing the word "I." And be able to take lots of harshly
| worded criticism.
`----

http://www.forbes.com/2006/08/28/business-basics-narcissist-ceos-cx_t...

Reminds me of some stories about Gates' personality. Among them (which I can
quickly find):

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxextremist.com/?p=12

,----[ Quote ]
| In my BillG review meeting, the whole reporting hierarchy was there,
| along with their cousins, sisters, and aunts, and a person who came
| along from my team whose whole job during the meeting was to keep an
| accurate count of how many times Bill said the F word. The lower the
| f***-count, the better.
|
| [...]
|
| Four," announced the f*** counter, and everyone said, "wow, that's the
| lowest I can remember. Bill is getting mellow in his old age." He was,
| you know, 36.
|
| Later I had it explained to me. "Bill doesn't really want to review
| your spec, he just wants to make sure you've got it under control. His
| standard M.O. is to ask harder and harder questions until you admit that
| you don't know, and then he can yell at you for being unprepared. Nobody
| was really sure what happens if you answer the hardest question he can
| come up with because it's never happened before."

Maybe it's just a language culture in the board...

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://battellemedia.com/archives/001835.php

,----[ Quote ]