[News] [Rival] Link Between Microsoft and Communism is Found

Microsoft's man in Europe carries communist-era baggage

,----[ Quote ]
| That report sparked a flurry of speculation in Czech media and online
| chat rooms about Muehlfeit's role under the communist regime, and it
| elicited a public statement at the time from Microsoft, which
| supported Muehlfeit's integrity.
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/microsofts-man-europe-carries-communist-era/story.aspx?guid=%7BA26DE642%2DD6BC%2D4946%2DA2A7%2D158330F9E89B%7D&siteid=yhoof

Diversity = freedom

Everyone using the same software = communism

Don't buy Microsoft's arguments where Linux or the GPL are equated to
Stalinism. if Cuba is mentioned, quote the links below.

Related:

First Islamic Operating System designed

,----[ Quote ]
| Isfahan-based Aal-ul-Bait International Assembly has for the first
| time manufactured and presented to markets an Islamic version of
| Windows XP with various options.
`----

http://www.taliyanews.com/en/archive/2007/02/first_islamic_operating_system.php

Vietnam Praised for Economic Reforms

,----[ Quote ]
| "Vietnam has demonstrated to the world its capacity for quantum leaps,"
| said Craig Mundie, chief research and strategy officer for
| Microsoft Corp.
|
| "It's clear that the government has recognized that broad-based
| reform and economic liberalization are essential to Vietnam's
| integration into the global economy," Mundie said.
|
| [...]
|
| The summit has brought fresh opportunities, with Vietnam signing
| two deals with U.S. companies worth $1.5 billion.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/061116/apec_ceo_summit.html?.v=2

Treachery In The Trenches

,----[ Quote ]