Re: OpenOffice is not the best ..

__/ [ Guy Fawkes ] on Friday 04 May 2007 18:20 \__

http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/software/soa/CeBIT-OpenOffice-Linux-Mac/0,130061733,339275250,00.htm

> Rubbish. I bet 70-90% of most users (this includes SMB's)will be more than
> satisfied with the feature set OpenOffice gives them. Hell, I'm pretty sure
> 80% of most people could do nicely with WordPad or AbiWord as far as word
> processing is concerned.
>
> And how do they define 'the best technology'? I'm sure that Microsoft
> Office sure isn't the 'best technology' so why do they sound like they are
> equating 'best technology' with MS Office? Just because it just happens to
> be the company that suckered other companies into buying it?

People defend their own choice of software, so it's natural to assume that
the gentleman in question is very protective.

--
                ~~ Best regards

One person' diction is another's verbiage
Mem:    514480k total,   466252k used,    48228k free,   149468k buffers