Re: Microsoft wants to buy Yahoo!

  • Subject: Re: Microsoft wants to buy Yahoo!
  • From: Hadron Quark <hadronquark@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 May 2007 15:11:23 +0200
  • Cancel-lock: sha1:WdZJbu3CpJE/AYdKKCc81htw6Ys=
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
"Guy Fawkes" <spare_the_rod@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> "Hadron Quark" <hadronquark@xxxxxxxxx> schreef in bericht
>> "Guy Fawkes" <spare_the_rod@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>>
>>> Saw it on the newswire, haven't seen any confirmation on a website yet,
>>> though.
>>>
>>> I've predicted this right here in this NG, several times. I've been
>>> proven
>>> right yet again. If you guys had listened to me you'd be rich now.
>>>
>>>  I knew Microsoft had to purchase Yahoo! to get alongside Google in terms
>>> of
>>> Internet-search marketshare, since they couldn't do it by themselves.
>>> After
>>> this is complete they'll claim that they've got a huge jump in
>>> marketshare
>>> increase and will soon surpass Google. It'll be 60% Google 40% Microsoft
>>> if
>>> the buy goes through. I'm pretty sure Google must be breaking a sweat
>>> right
>>> now.
>>
>> I don't know one single person who knows that they are doing that uses
>> Yahoo email or search facilities.
>>
>> A Dodo advance by MS.
>>

> Me neither, but they have a pretty substantial marketshare in the U.S.
> around 40%. Combine that with the 5-10% MSN Search has and you've got a
> pretty powerfull player, almost on par with Google.

Maybe MS could buy Roy's search engine? Apparently the bearded masses
are gathering to complete his vision -

http://iuron.com/documents/propose/version1/

And I quote (I still hurt from laughing when I read this site)

,----
| Since Iuron is an Open Source project, rapid assemblage and construction
| of the libraries would be rapid, making use of existing projects that
| fall under the General Public Licence (GPL). In return, Iuron will
| provide a potentially distributed environment, wherein any idle computer
| across the world can assist crawling and report back to a main knowledge
| repository. Think of it as a public-driven reciprocal effort to process
| and then centralise human knowledge.
`----

So basically, Roy wants to make a Trojan horse. Mind numbingly double
standards.

--
I've heard a Jew and a Muslim argue in a Damascus cafe with less passion
than the emacs wars."