Re: [News] Firefox Gaining, Web Applications May Already Beat Desktop Applications

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Friday 04 May 2007 12:06 \__

> thad01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <thad01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> espoused:
>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> Dell is now coming under a lot of pressure to preinstall Firefox. I
>>> posted about this a couple of hours ago. I bet he'll do something about
>>> it (not just in the UK where it has been available for almost a year).
>>> Bear in mind that Michael Dell uses Firefox on his Ubuntu Linux laptop.
>>> It's a shame that Microsoft made IE impossible to remove. The fiends.
>>> Gates' deposition video comes to mind... "if we put it right in their
>>> face, so to speak, they will not have a reason to use something else
>>> [Netscape]".
>>
>> What?  IE is easy to remove.  Of course I end up taking the entire
>> Windows OS with it... that's a feature, not a bug.
>>
>>>;)
>>

> Hehe - excellent remark - that deserves to be a .sig, or even a
> tag-line.  Perhaps Homer might give it a place in his stats :-)

I doubt it. It falls within the 7-day window in which he promised not to post
any material that makes fun of Microsoft. ;-)

--
                ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Community is code, code is community
  1:05pm  up 5 days 21:20,  4 users,  load average: 1.57, 1.45, 1.24