Re: [Linux] Linux Has Excellent iPhoto Replacements

  • Subject: Re: [Linux] Linux Has Excellent iPhoto Replacements
  • From: Hadron Quark <hadronquark@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 16:03:36 +0200
  • Cancel-lock: sha1:dumqSZoLzN7Z22sCVaeYFgQ6cQU=
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
"nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On May 2, 5:18 am, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> F-Spot: An iPhoto Replacement for Linux
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | When looking at photo management applications, iPhoto, the photo
>> | management application by Apple, has fast become a standard (or at least
>> | a standard template) for other programs. Linux has three applications
>> | that follow iPhoto's general look and feel - Digikam (for KDE), Picasa
>> | (from Google), and F-Spot (for Gnome). This review will go over one of
>> | the newest of these programs - F-Spot.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/223274/fspot_an_iphoto_repla...

Comparing f-spot with iPhoto? Are you 'aving a laugh?

>> Digikam: An iPhoto Replacement for Linux
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | I would highly recommend Digikam to users looking both for a simple
>> | photo management program, as well as those looking for something
>> | with a few more features.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/223272/digikam_an_iphoto_rep...

"In addition to tagging photos for viewing and organizing, another
unique feature Digikam has is the ability to add comments to a"

Lies. Tagging and organising based on tags or adding comments is not
unique for Digikam.

But this is hilarious

"These comments are stored in a SQLite database, so if exporting photos
to a new library, this information could be lost. But with proper care,
all comments, tags and meta information can be retained."

err, right. What proper care? You want Mrs Smith to learn how to migrate
her database or export to a csv file? What?

Wotcju talking bout Willis?

>> Related:
>>
>> Linux lowfat software for picture 3D XGL
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | "linux lowfat software for picture 3D xgl"
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkrM4ymkiDo
>>
>> Linux Audio Players, Tested and Graded
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | KDE users have it easy: Amarok is slick enough to crow about in a
>> | room full of iTunes or Windows Media Player users.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,128636-page,4-c,linux/article.html

Amarok rocks. As soon they fix the bug where messy directory hierarchies
can cause it to crash.

--
I cannot see average users bothering with windows machines once they
realise what they can do with a PS3. : Mark Kent, COLA Rottweiler and Optimist.