[News] [OSS] Survey: Public Sector Gains Confidence in Free Open Source Software; Praised by Report

Survey shows open source progress

,----[ Quote ]
| Open source technology now has a firm foothold in the public sector,
| according to a new survey
`----

http://www.kablenet.com/kd.nsf/Frontpage/B6A23D8412409EC0802572CE005552DD?OpenDocument

Is the Open Source Development Model Right for Your Organization?

,----[ Quote ]
| The open source development model has proved to be a very successful
| model with hundreds of open source projects that can be used as a
| success story. This development model has special characteristics that
| allow faster development, faster testing, higher innovation, peer review,
| total openness and transparency. In this article we reviewed the open
| source development model and compared it to the traditional corporate
| development model. Many companies are adopting some of the practices of
| the open source development model for the advantages it offers.
`----

http://virtualization.sys-con.com/read/368026_p.htm

Related:

Unisys Predicts 2007 Open Source Trends