Re: [News] Firefox 3 Walkthrough in Wired Magazine

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Josh Berkus: KDE Aids The PostgreSQL Team
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | According to Josh, having to use other programs such as Open
> | Office or Thunderbird would result in him and the PostgreSQL
> | release team losing significant amounts of valuable time and
> | effort, slowing down their release process. Of course, Kate and
> | KMail are just two of the tools that help Josh and his teammates
> | with a smooth PostgreSQL release process. As Josh noted,
> | "Quality open source tools are key to PostgreSQL development,
> | and KDE is among those tools."
> `----
>
> http://dot.kde.org/1177960550/

I am surprised that EMACS had trouble with this, I always believed that
seperate EMACS windows were entirely seperate including not using shared
loaded modules. You sort of relied on that fact sometimes when debugging
software. No wonder all my software had bugs in it, it was EMACS fault :)

Equally surprised about openOffice, I use Staroffice and I do receive German
and French documents, but must say I can't think of a time when I was
actively working on different language documents in different windows
simmultanious, though I am sure that I must have done at some time because
the out stations are sending me stuff several times a week.

But then I don't speak those languages so they write in pigeon english and I
reply in a mixture of pigeon geordie, pigeon yorkshire and pigeon foriegn.
Staroffice seems to cope well enough, the Germans and French tend to
collapse at some of my renderings of their language and we absolutely never
understand each other, so it seems to work.