Re: [News] Dell to Make Ubuntu GNU/Linux Available on Several Lines Within Weeks

  • Subject: Re: [News] Dell to Make Ubuntu GNU/Linux Available on Several Lines Within Weeks
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 May 2007 05:41:17 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ [H]omer ] on Tuesday 01 May 2007 03:34 \__

>> Dell to choose
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | According to our sources, Ubuntu will be released on a Dell
>> | e-series "Essential" Dimension desktop, an XPS desktop, and an
>> | e-series Inspiron laptop.
>> |
>> | The e-series systems are budget-priced PCs that start at $408
>> | without a monitor. The base systems come with 512MB of RAM and
>> | a 160GB SATA (Serial Advanced Technology Attachment) hard drive. It
>> | appears that Dell will only be offering Ubuntu on one of the two
>> | systems in this family. The E521 is powered by an AMD Sempron
>> | 3400+ chip and uses a NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE Integrated Graphics
>> | GPU (graphics processor unit) for graphics. The alternative, the
>> | E520, uses an Intel 2.8GHz Celeron D processor.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.desktoplinux.com/news/NS8661763902.html
>
> Getting closer ...
>
> I love the smell of Ubuntu in the morning.
>
> Let's see if Dell actually *promote* these systems on their sales pages
> though ... rather that forcing customers to play hunt the goose by
> hiding them behind layers and layers of impenetrable gunk.

Google starts running Dell Linux Desktop ads

,----[ Quote ]
| While working on my personal blog site, which happens to have Google
| Adsense ads running on it, I was surprised to find Google ads for
| Linux-powered Dell desktops showing up.

Berlin Tube + Ubuntu = Über Tube [Photo]

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://fridge.ubuntu.com/node/909

--
                ~~ Best regards

Maths applied to numbers is like logic applied to statistics. Statistics are
lies.
Tasks: 104 total,   1 running, 103 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie