Re: [News] [Linux] Microsoft Says It Won't Sue, Wants More Novell-like Deals

__/ [ William Poaster ] on Sunday 20 May 2007 10:33 \__

> On Sat, 19 May 2007 15:25:25 +0100, [H]omer wrote:
>
>> Verily I say unto thee, that Mark Kent spake thusly:
>>
>>> Does anyone still believe that the anti-charter posters here are
>>> unrewarded for their efforts?
>>
>> With one or two exceptions (known ex-employees) I really can't believe
>> these Trolls are all directly on Microsoft's payroll, however I do
>> believe they are financially motivated, one way or another.
>>
>> My best guess is that they are dinosaurs, Luddites, dead wood, relics of
>> a bygone age, who believe they need to preserve the proprietary world in
>> which they grew up in order to assure their futures. There's that, and
>> the fact that most of them are probably MS shareholders.
>>
>> The world has changed, and keeps changing. We're moving into a more
>> services oriented marketplace - even Microsoft concurs with that, as
>> their recent activities have shown.
>>
>> The Trolls seem to be motivated by fear. They're suffering from chronic
>> insecurity. We should pity them.
>
> Why? It's *their* choice that they don't want to adapt & learn new
> skills. It like someone who persists in using old manual machine tools to
> produce something, instead of learning to use CNC machines to produce
> items better, faster & cheaper. So, no, I have no sympathy for them.

The trolls? Or users in general? Many of them haven't a choice, you know.
That's why something's got to change. It's those who stubbornly defend the
choice (or 'choice') that are a nuisance.

--
                ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    make install -not war
Swap:  1036184k total,   448264k used,   587920k free,   100228k cached