[News] [Linux] Cheap Linux Laptops a Success Story, Windows Tablets Get Slammed

Cheap laptops bring equality to Villa Cardal

,----[ Quote ]
| Maria Fojo echoed that sentiment at her home the day after the
| program's launch. ''Sure they will play computer games. But also,l
| ast night they already read the instructions on how to take photos
| [with the laptops]. At least they will now be forced to read. They
| never read books,'' said the mother of sixth-grade twins, Franco
| and Lucas.
`----

http://www.miamiherald.com/103/story/111829.html

103 Reasons Not to Use a Mobile PC in School

,----[ Quote ]
| 67. It's from Microsoft.
| 68. It's not made by Apple.
| 69. It's Windows.
| 70. It doesn't come with Linux.
| 71. We use Unix at work.
`----

http://tabletpceducation.blogspot.com/2007/05/103-reasons-not-to-use-mobile-pc-in.html
http://tinyurl.com/33co7b

Related:

Governments Must Reject Gates' $3 Bid to Addict Next Billion PC Users

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.cybersource.com.au/press/gates_set_to_addict_next_billion.html