Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft: Though Shalt Not Hack

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Sunday 20 May 2007 02:09 \__

http://robots.engadget.com/2007/05/17/microsoft-banning-hacked-consoles-users-from-xbox-live/
>> http://tinyurl.com/399npn
>>
>> Closed source. All the way.
>
> Way to go Microsoft! Not content with alienating their Windows customers
> with Vista, now they want to do the same to their eXb0rks customers. I'm
> sure *that* decision will do *wonders* for the eXb0rks market share. LOL!
>
> What I found even more unbelievable (if you look at the screenshot) is
> that apparently you can be banned just for having tight network
> security!!! Great message, Microsoft. Let's promote the idea that not
> only is everything related to Microsoft insecure, but also that even
> *trying* to plug those holes is viewed with such disdain that you'll be
> banned.
>
> The mind boggles.

Oops. Typo in the headline. I regret linking to this particular item because
others that I have seen make the problem seem even more serious, by using
examples of scenarios where it's hilarious to us and outrageous to those who
are affected. An iron fist attitude towards the customer is nothing new,
unless you are pirating Windows in China, in which case Microsoft itself
admitted that it benefits.

--
                ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | http://debian.org
  4:00am  up 21 days 12:22,  6 users,  load average: 1.20, 1.24, 1.32