Re: [Rival] InfoWorld: Microsoft's Latest Admission of Internal Issues

__/ [ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ] on Saturday 19 May 2007 19:21 \__

>  Cleary, keeping the
>> share price up is important to the board and to the company's owners,
>> but so is migrating the company into new, profitable, business.  The
>> latter is something which appears to be completely lacking from
>> Microsoft's approach to date.
>
> More precisely, what has been lacking is success in any area they
> can't control by exploiting their monopoly position.  They have tried
> to move into new areas (search, Zune, Xbox, etc), they just haven't
> succeeded very well.  Microsoft never has done very well when success
> depended on quality of product, and that's the criterion in the search
> business, for example.

Their ability to integrate consumer devices with an operating system is
rather limited and therein lies the barrier. The endeavours you mention
above are losing tremendous amounts of money. As I said before, ODF (and the
office suites that support it) will hit Microsoft where it hurts _THE MOST_.
It'll be a case of going for the neck. I patiently watch Google's office
suite as it evolves. While Google could/has become a monopoly, we need to
get rid of a very malicious one. Google Apps are ODF friendly by the way...

--
                ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Rid your machine from malware. Install GNU/Linux.
roy      pts/3                         Sat May 19 18:28   still logged in