Re: [News] [Linux] Review of the New GNU C Compiler

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> New GCC 4.2.0 -- boon to developers, bore to distros
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Earlier this week, the GNU project announced a major release of
> | the popular GNU Compiler Collection. GCC 4.2.0 introduces new
> | features and several improvements for developers, but most of
> | the distribution developers we spoke with aren't rushing to take
> | advantage of the new release.
> `----

http://programming.linux.com/programming/07/05/18/1323239.shtml?tid=67&tid=51

It's new and like all new, major changes... it'll take a while to catch on.
I'm interested in the openMP stuff as more and more hardware is being sold
with dual processors... Could be a major performance boost in the making...

Cheers all.

--

Jerry McBride