[News] [OSS] Open Source Estabilshes Consensus, Microsoft Comes to Destroy It

The mysterious force driving open source

,----[ Quote ]
| A consensus supports Windows and Office as desktop standards, but
| because these are proprietary and Microsoft always seeks to extend
| them (as with its recent XML implementation) the market benefits of
| this consensus are subject to debate.
|
| [...]
|
| But consensus, as a force, is not going away. Its power is only
| going to grow. And this, as much as anything else, will continue
| driving open source forward.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=1059

Consensus is the real inconvenient truth

,----[ Quote ]
| The same weapons used by Microsoft against open source are being
| deployed by politicians, businesses and interest groups against
| the demands of consensus on policy. Thus it is that computing,
| business, economics and politics share a single inconvenient truth.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=1061

|"[Microsoft:] For example, we should take the lead in establishing a common
`----

http://www.os2site.com/sw/info/comes/px09509.zip