Re: [News] [Linux] 90% of Autodesk's Systems Product Revenue is GNU/Linux

> Found this amusing from that link:
>
>    Note: Autodesk Maya 8.5 is also capable of running on other hardware
>    configurations such as the Power Mac G4 or boutique distributions of
>    Linux.
>
> "boutique" Linux?

It's the latest fashion.

> Too many products still to post links to.
>
> Some of them are supported on Windows and Mac as well, but it should be
> obvious just how much AutoDesk is relying on Linux and other open-source
> software.

Serious work requires a serious OS.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| 'Also, no one calls it PCI-X even though that's the "official "
| shortening of the much more commonly used "PCI Express".'
|    - Hardon Quirk, COLA's resident "genius".
`----

Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux) on sky, running kernel 2.6.20-1.2312.fc5
 04:18:14 up 32 days,  1:50,  2 users,  load average: 0.10, 0.12, 0.17