Re: The $6 Billion Lifeboat: Microsoft Purchases aQuantive

  • Subject: Re: The $6 Billion Lifeboat: Microsoft Purchases aQuantive
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 23:15:31 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Robin T Cox ] on Friday 18 May 2007 18:15 \__

http://www.forbes.com/2007/05/18/microsoft-aquantive-advertising-markets-equity-cx_jl_0518markets03.html?partner=yahootix

> Can someone tell me how a concern for software security is consistent with
> a concern to make money from online advertising?

Securing the future maybe? Lavish spendings don't guarantee anything. The
XBox/360 and PS3 prove this. It seems like most of Microsoft's divisions are
losing a lot of money.

--
                ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useless fact: There are five regular polyhedra
Swap:  1036184k total,   583592k used,   452592k free,   186896k cached