Re: [News] [Linux] Opensuse Linux Gets Windows Installer

__/ [ BearItAll ] on Friday 18 May 2007 14:56 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Install Linux, From Windows
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | If you've been pushing off on installing Linux due to a lack of CDs
>> | or DVDs, OpenSuSE 10.3 Alpha 4 features InstLinux, which allows you
>> | to install the Linux distribution (in this instance, OpenSuSE 10.3)
>> | while staying inside of Windows.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.michaellarabel.com/index.php?k=blog&i=215
>>

> It doesn't allow you to install Linux from Windows you mean. That was the
> end result by this man, he didn't get very far in the install before it
> failed.
>
> I much prefer the idea of giving new users a xen installer, there was one
> that was said to be able to zenify a ready installed XP system. I find that
> a bit unlikely, but XP itself can now be installed into a xen. It is only
> fair to point out that Slahdot received help from MS to do it.
>
> By giving new users a xen instead of the traditional dual boot, it at least
> gives them a nice risk free system to try out various  distros to pick the
> one they like. But there  ...
>
>         Sorry, I wrote a huge long spiel on what you can do with a xen at
>         home, but
> then my fingers had a sort of fit, lots of the post hilighted and then
> disapeared. I had hoped it had gone to paste, but it hadn't and undo didn't
> know what had happened to it either.
>         I'd write it again only I wasn't really paying attention so I don't
>         know
> what I actually said the first time I wrote it.

I know what you mean though. I type as I think, so sometimes this leads to
rambling. I could use some proofreading, but it has a cost,

--
                ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | < http://debian.org >
Swap:  1036184k total,   471084k used,   565100k free,    62220k cached