[News] [Linux] Playstation 3 Turns to Linux Lab

Build Linux lab equipment from a Sony PLAYSTATION 3

,----[ Quote ]
| In this series of articles I will be using a Cell/B.E. processor --
| resident within an off-the-shelf PLAYSTATION 3 (PS3) -- to build a
| Linux-hosted piece of laboratory equipment, namely a simple
| audio-bandwidth spectrum analyzer and function generator.
`----

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/pa-ps3lab1/index.html?ca=drs-

Related:

Thin clients save energy, spare CO2

Netvoyager Launches New Entry Level Thin Client...

,----[ Quote ]
| The Neterm LX1000 is powered by a Linux core operating system,
| therefore providing Linux's legendary stability, security,
| customisation and performance. Immediate benefits include
| centralised management, reduced power consumption, increased
| desk space efficiency for space limited environments and one
| of the quickest Return on Investment in its class.
`----

http://www.topix.net/content/prweb/0017301634184381792502669224711324981787

Boffins say thin clients emit less CO2

,----[ Quote ]
| British businesses could save 78 million pounds in electricity and
| cut CO2 emissions by 485,000 tonnes a year by choosing thin
| clients instead of PCs, according to researchers from Germany's
| Fraunhofer Institute.
`----

http://www.techworld.com/opsys/news/index.cfm?RSS&NewsID=8464

Report: Linux, open source greener than Windows

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://searchopensource.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid39_gci1246762,00.html?track=sy184
http://tinyurl.com/38cge3