Re: [News] [Linux] Junk Patents Killed, Microsoft Afraid of Letting Its Own Be Killed

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Wednesday 16 May 2007 07:29 \__

>> USPTO Examiner Rejected 1-Click Claims As 'Obvious'
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| Faced with a duly unimpressed USPTO examiner who rejected its new
>>| 1-Click patent claims as 'obvious' and 'old and well known,' Amazon
>>| has taken the unusual step of requesting an Oral Appeal to plead
>>| its case...
>> `----
>>
>> http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/05/15/002238
>
> An interesting point is raised in this debate - apparently, software is
> no more patentable in the US than it is in the rest of the world, the
> issue is about the patenting of "business methods".  What the patenters
> do is to dress their software as a business method, and get the method
> patented.
>
> This just becomes more and more absurd, the more I find out about it.

I thought "business methods" fit the category of 'illegal' patents in the UK,
based on a recent clarification...

--
                ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Error, no keyboard - press F1 to continue"
roy      pts/4                         Wed May 16 02:48 - 02:49  (00:01)