[News] [Linux] First Glimpse of Intel's New Power Monitoring Tool

Detecting and reducing power consumption in Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| So, if you want to tune your Linux box for ultimate power efficiency,
| enable the tickless-idle feature in your kernel, grab PowerTOP, and
| start locating applications or drivers that aren't working as effieciently
| as they should be.
`----

http://www.hackszine.com/blog/archive/2007/05/detecting_and_reducing_power_c.html?CMP=OTC-7G2N43923558
http://tinyurl.com/2eo42e

Related:

Intel announces the PowerTOP utility for Linux

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://lkml.org/lkml/2007/5/11/365