[News] [Linux] How to Advocate Linux: Tell People to Try Vista

Linux vs Windows. Goodbye my sweet proprietary software.

,----[ Quote ]
| Well, it is done. I've switched over from windows Vista to Ubuntu 7.
|
| [...]
|
| I made the decision because, well, in my technically busy wolrld, I
| don't have the time to mess with Vista Idiosyncrasies (which by the
| way should be the name of the next Vista release).
`----

http://cwolly.net/linux-vs-windows-goodbye-my-sweet-proprietary-software

Another more familiar covert:

Michael Dell's notebook PC

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux on the desktop will grow stronger, simply because it makes sense.
| This early, smart PC vendors and retailers should invest in developing
| some expertise in the increasingly popular operating system and
| learning which of their products work with Linux. It's not that
| difficult, and the payoffs will grow as Linux usage rises.
`----

http://www.manilastandardtoday.com/?page=business5_may15_2007

Related (Vista drives people to Linux):

Vista Upgrade: Stuck in the Middle of Nowhere

,----[ Quote ]
| This is just another reason (again, that is another post for another
| time) why I am hoping to never upgrade my Windows XP laptop to Vista.
| I am hedging my bets on Linux and Wine improving to where I can
| abandon Windows before XP is no longer supported.
`----

http://www.imarc.net/blog/139/vista_upgrade_stuck_in_the_middle_of_nowhere/

Windows Vista: Flawed Just Like Windows Me

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.osweekly.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2489