[News] [OSS] Gradual Move to SOA and Open Source Highlighted

Web 2.0 Looks Like Open Source To Me

,----[ Quote ]
| The second, perhaps more profound, reason is these new-style Web
| services encourage participation and dialogue--essentially, they
| subscribe to the philosophies of the open-source community. I am
| always astonished by how much solution providers, as an example
| of the entrepreneurial mind-set, are willing to share. Small
| businesses are, in essence, the largest open-source community
| of them all.
`----

http://www.crn.com/software/199500333

ING's SOA route drives up service delivery

,----[ Quote ]
| The Asia Pacific region for global financial services giant ING
| is now reaping the benefits of a move to a service-oriented
| architecture in the form of new and improved service delivery
| channels for customers.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=920153499&rid=-50

Related:

Survey: open source makes a difference for SOA

,----[ Quote ]
| Forrester also said that 78% of respondents were favorably disposed
| toward open source software because of its open standards, which is
| a major factor driving their view of its value for SOAn
| ext-generation enterprise architectures.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/service-oriented/?p=873

SOA: The New Software Bazaar

,----[ Quote ]