Re: [News] Patent Madness Must End, Microsoft Manipulates Industry

  • Subject: Re: [News] Patent Madness Must End, Microsoft Manipulates Industry
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 16:52:50 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Saturday 12 May 2007 16:18 \__

>> __/ [ [H]omer ] on Thursday 10 May 2007 13:22 \__

>>> Told ya.
>>>
>>> Now how about the mathematicians step up to the plate, and start
>>> debunking software patents too.
>>
>> Tried to convince my boss the other day, but he still believes that
>> software is patentable is the UK. He says he's aware of successful filings
>> as such. Huh???
>>

> Well, as there aren't any, he's kind of wrong.  Why don't you ask him
> to prove it?  Or even quote the real position?

I wouldn't push it. He's on the other side of the fence. He's just happy
enougn that I'm doign all right (got cited in Spiegel and Forbes last
week!).

--
                ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Linux: does exactly what it says on the tin
roy      pts/6                         Sat May 12 07:34 - 07:47  (00:12)