Re: [News] [OSS] Dell Pressured to Preinstall OpenOffice.org, Not Just Firefox

  • Subject: Re: [News] [OSS] Dell Pressured to Preinstall OpenOffice.org, Not Just Firefox
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 14:18:24 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ [H]omer ] on Saturday 12 May 2007 12:43 \__

http://www.ideastorm.com/article/show/62047/PreInstalled_OpenOffice__alternative_to_MS_Works__MS_Office

>> Almost 100,000 votes now. Michael Dell already uses Firefox. Bill Gates
>> has tried it.
>
> Currently at 108,183 votes. This page is now screaming (literally), but
> still not "under consideration". Hmm, I wonder why? Microsoft's cash cow
> moves closer to the barbecue.

Just remember that the important thing is that customers are being heard, or
at least show their desires. As in, "we told you so". Dell can no longer
deny the truth and any attempt to deprive users from their desired software
will be perceived as a gang bang with Bill and the Boyz.

--
                ~~ Best regards

An aristocrat's sexual escapades equate to Technocrat's hot RSS feed
Cpu(s):  23.6% user,   3.2% system,   0.7% nice,  72.6% idle