Re: [News] [Rival] More Proof That Windows is Not Maintainable: Longhorn Drops Major Features

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Friday 11 May 2007 15:59 \__

>> More than half of Microsoft Vista needs re-writing
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | "Up to 60% of the code in the new consumer version of Microsoft new
>> | Vista operating system is set to be rewritten..."
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=30516
>
> "Vole has shifted programmers from its Xbox team to help resolve many
> problems"
>
> 'Nuff said.

Yes, I remember that. They kept quiet about it at the time. This might also
explain the disasters in XBox land. They also pulled developers from other
software projects, IIRC (the Photoshop 'killer', for example).

--
                ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Never awaking askew, no matter what they ask you
Cpu(s):  23.3% user,   3.1% system,   0.7% nice,  73.0% idle