Re: fuddie: Linux 419 scam invented in 1588 ..

__/ [ Doug Mentohl ] on Thursday 31 May 2007 12:46 \__

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/06ae4971a59ac93a?hl=en&;

> "An advance fee fraud is a confidence trick in which the targeted
> individual is persuaded to advance relatively small sums of money in the
> hope of realizing a much larger gain"
>
> "The 419 scam originated in the early 1990s as the oil-based economy of
> Nigeria went downhill"
>
> "In fact, the advance fee fraud is a much older scam than that, dating
> back to 1588 in the form of a Spanish Prisoner scam"
>
> http://standardtimespress.net/cgi-bin/artman/publish/article_1240.shtml

According to Fuddie's logic, perhaps we should view all Nigerian kids as
to-be scammers and deprive them of access to technology. Never mind the fact
that allowing them to get more modern education will probably be the route
out of scam (or crime in general).

Recent:

Red Hat boss claims digital divide contributes to terrorism

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://community.zdnet.co.uk/blog/0,1000000567,10005265o-2000331759b,00.htm

--
                ~~ Best regards

Microsoft: a device for converting public ignorance into cash
roy      pts/1                         Wed May 30 06:41   still logged in