Re: Microsoft Office Annoyances

__/ [ Anonymous ] on Thursday 31 May 2007 03:31 \__

> [...]
>
> (Comment - Why do I need to warned about going to trusted
> sites?)
>
> 16 Feb 07
>
> Dragging print window clears Word window, so text cannot
> be viewed until print window is closed.
>
> 26 Mar 07
>
> Clicking on a picture in Windows Explorer brings up
> Microsoft Office Picture Manager.  Selecting to print
> picture brings up idiot "Welcome to Photo Print Wizard".
> I close, then right click, select "Open with" > "Windows
> Picture and Fax Viewer".  Clicking Print icon selects same
> stupid wizard.
>
> 15 Apr 07
>
> Copying and pasting in Windows Explorer.  If file is in
> use or inaccessible, copying quits without copying files
> beyond that are not in use and are accessible.
>
> 16 Apr 07
>
> Outlook 2003 for some odd reason has lost its vertical
> scroll bar for the preview window.
>
> 20 Apr 07
>
> I save an E-mail in Outlook format with name
> "yyyy-mm-dd 1st-Init-Last-Name Subject.msg".  Attach to an
> E-mail, renames it to subject.msg and replaces name in
> cc: list with current global address name.  Problem is
> person's title has changed and E-mail was sent prior to
> person's title change.  It lost its historical
> truthfulness by such an act.
>
> 23 Apr 07
>
> Right clicking multiple times and clearing acronym with
> possessive apostrophe "S" does not clear in Powerpoint
> slide.
>
> 03 May 07
>
> Cannot change cell properties in an embedded Excel
> spreadsheet in Microsoft Word.  Cell property that I want
> changed is the background color, which after inserting in
> Word, no longer can be accessed.  Cell Properties menu
> item is grayed out.
>
> 14 May 07
>
> Opening an Archive file in Outlook only gives a folder
> name of "Archive Folders".  Two open archive files will
> have the same name.
>
> 21 May 07
>
> In Windows XP Professional, "Autoarrange" and
> "Sort by Type" is selected in Desktop configuration.
> However, sort is not performed when a new file or
> shortcut is added to desktop.  There are no changes to
> sort after reboot.
>
> Pressing "Insert" key in Notepad does not toggle
> insert/overwrite.  Insert is always selected.
>
> 31 May 07
>
> In Outlook, search on sender's name only searches on
> text of name, not E-mail address used.
>
> *****
>
> Conclusion, There have been continuous criticisms of
> Linux and Open Source software such as OpenOffice received
> in this newsgroup from trolls, toting their invaluable
> Microsoft proprietary costly products.  In reality, the
> only thing Microsoft has going for it are controlled
> public awareness campaigns and extensive investments in
> marketing.  However in reality, their products are not all

You must be assessing one of the most brushed-up applications from Microsoft.
Office 2007 does to Office what Vista does to Windows.

For example:

Outlook 2007 users complain about slow performance

,----[ Quote ]
| Early users of Outlook 2007, the latest version of Microsoft Corp.'s
| market-leading e-mail client, are voicing widespread complaints about
| the software's sluggish performance.
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9013243&source=NLT_PM&nlid=8
http://tinyurl.com/2zvq83

I heard similar things from colleagus. There are bugs as well. And see this
one...

65 Reasons Why Outlook 2007 Will Suck

http://chris.pirillo.com/2006/05/26/65-reasons-why-outlook-2007-will-suck/

--
                ~~ Best regards

Microsoft: a device for converting public ignorance into cash
Tasks: 142 total,   1 running, 137 sleeping,   0 stopped,   4 zombie