Re: [OSS] Open Source Software Claimed to Be Power Behind Revolutionary Research

__/ [ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ] on Thursday 31 May 2007 03:17 \__

> On May 30, 6:18 pm, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>> Open-source software makes the invisible man
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | A University of Liverpool mathematician claims 30-year-old
>> | open-source software has cracked the equation that will allow
>> | scientists to make objects - such as humans, tanks or even
>> | entire islands - invisible.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/114297/open-source-software-makes-the-inv...
>

> Unfortunately, I'm afraid this guy is a crackpot.  Also, to talk about
> "cracking" Maxwell's equations is absurd.  Too bad.

I thought so as well, but the Web site has reputation (or shall we say
"had"?). I didn't read the article carefully (almost none of it).

In Slashdot, some 'cloak of invisibility' milestones were mentioned recently.
It seems pointless.

--
                ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "How do I set my laser printer on stun?"
roy      pts/1                         Wed May 30 06:41   still logged in