[News] [Linux] KDE Developing and Boasting Hardware-accelerated Productivity Boost

The Road to KDE 4: KWin Composite Brings Bling to KDE [with Videos]

,----[ Quote ]
| The Present Windows Effect - a very useful effect that falls into
| both eye-candy and usability categories...
`----

http://dot.kde.org/1180541665/

Related:

howto enhance your workflow with beryl

,----[ Quote ]
| Problem is, I spread my applications across all 4 desktops, so
| that things feel uncluttered when I'm working on an application.
| However, when you want to keep an eye on several applications at
| a time, it's impossible - except, if you have beryl. What I do
| is set one of the corners of my desktop to activate the scale
| plugin to show all windows from all desktops (see here for a
| more detailed explanation). I also make sure that it shows
| minimised windows.
`----

http://www.liquidweather.net/howto/index.php?id=101

Another Beryl 0.1.3 Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD6BiKnLzck&NR

Cool New Beryl Feature: Ring Window Switcher

http://justanothertechblog.blogspot.com/2007/01/cool-new-beryl-feature-ring-window.html

Beryl's new 3D animations!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEDtRV1fHoU

Cool new Beryl Feature: Window Thumbnails

http://justanothertechblog.blogspot.com/2007/01/cool-new-beryl-feature-window.html

Beryl Group tab plugin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eotwBwXquqw&NR

Older stuff (also Compiz):