[News] [Rival] Steve Ballmer: Some Things Should Only Work in Windows

Steve Ballmer live from D 2007

,----[ Quote ]
| Do you run into a dilemma with Windows Live services -- Silverlight...
| one of the points you mentioned, the second thing you mentioned was that
| it runs on Mac, runs on Linux. But if you're gonna do web-based it can't
| only work on Windows..
|
| Some things should only work on Windows, some things work
| cross-platform... we're gonna do different things in Windows than
| you can do in Linux and on the Mac. We need to be able to support
| both models of development.
`----

http://www.engadget.com/2007/05/30/steve-ballmer-live-from-d-2007/

3 Reasons Why The OLPC Project has Microsoft Running Scared

,----[ Quote ]
| 1. Millions of children running Linux.
|
| 2. Windows developers are taking notice.
|
| 3. OLPC is breaking the cost rules.
`----

http://www.dailytechnobabble.com/2007/05/30/3-reasons-why-the-olpc-project-has-microsoft-running-scared/

Related:

Governments Must Reject Gates' $3 Bid to Addict Next Billion PC Users

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.cybersource.com.au/press/gates_set_to_addict_next_billion.html