Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Found to Have Pulled an SCO, Microsoft Employees Astroturf in Blogs

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Wednesday 30 May 2007 09:25 \__

http://weblog.infoworld.com/openresource/archives/2007/05/sco_was_microso.html

>> WATCH THE COMMENT:
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Backhanded compliments are always transparent. If you want your blog to
>> | have any credibility at all, you might want to consider putting some
>> | facts in with your opinion. You might also consider putting more of
>> | your own words in a blog post. You seem to have put the other blog'sw
>> | ords in your own little wrapper -- hoping to get credit for the ideas.
>> |

>> | [MATT'S NOTE: The IP address for this one came from One Microsoft
>> | Way in Redmond, WA. Imagine that.]
>> | Posted by: Tobin (Microsoft Employee) at May 29, 2007 08:39 AM
>> `----
>
> ##################
> #!!!! BUSTED !!!!#
> ##################
>
> http://slated.org/the_munchkins_are_back

Back? Were they ever away? It's good that Matt Asay bothers to check the logs
or do reverse DNS lookup based on what he sees in the CMS. He's not a
technical guy, mind you, he's a lawyer/marketer. In Boycottnovell.com, many
of the comments (and traffic) come from Novell employees. Many of the others
are customers. Hey, check this one out...

    "The thousands of pins stuck into the effigy of Novell by Open Sorcerers
seems to have had a dire effect on the company?s bottom line.

    The Open Source movement threw up its collective hands in disgust when
Novell signed a pact with Microsoft promising not to sue each other over
software patents.

    Now it seems that Novell?s software license sales have dropped by nine
per cent and the company has started to lose cash. Sales of maintenance
contracts, software subscriptions are down by four per cent and total sales
are down five per cent."

Groklaw 2.0. Bigger company though (~5,000 employees, and dropping).

--
                ~~ Best regards

For governments that eavesdrop, here is a quick list of tags: Communism,
Hawaiian shirts, China, Suitcase, Martha Stewart, Encryption, Prison,
Stalin. Thanks for tuning in.