[News] [Rival] More Bad News for Microsoft's Revenue, Cash Cows, Cash Sewer

Nintendo to Dominate Portable Gaming Market

,----[ Quote ]
| Not only does this 50+ percent hardware failure generate bad press
| for Microsoft and its 360, one would have to be naive to think that
| the amount of units that have had to be replaced under warranty
| at Microsoft's expense have not eaten into Microsoft's gaming
| division earnings.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/070529/36617_id.html?.v=1

Microsoft Embraces Its Inner Ad Agency

,----[ Quote ]
| Didn't Microsoft used to "monetize" it's Office software through
| licensing? It was a good business, but Google has shifted the
| business model for software from licensing to advertising. Now
| it's all about audience -- monetizing audience. I guess the $6
| billion aQuantive acquisition is intended to help with that.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/070529/36706_id.html?.v=1

Being left behind...

"Global Equities Research issued an overweight rating on Google with a
$540 price target, saying that neither Yahoo nor Microsoft has made
a competitive impact on web search.

http://www.marketwatch.com/News/Story/Story.aspx?guid=%7b990BB08D-451D-4DC2-9893-B21BE6E2A3A9%7d&siteid=yhoo&dist=yhoo