Re: Botnets used in cyberattack on Estonia

__/ [ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ] on Tuesday 29 May 2007 15:43 \__

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/29/technology/29estonia.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin

> Wonder whose OS was "infiltrated" around the world?

The one which is also the least secure.

Here's the CNN article:

Estonia suspects Kremlin in Web attacks

,----[ Quote ]
| He said more than 1 million computers worldwide have been used in
| recent weeks to attack Estonian government and business Web sites
| since a dispute arose with Moscow over Estonia's moving of a
| Soviet-era war memorial from downtown Tallinn.
`----

http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/internet/05/17/estonia.cyber.attacks.ap/index.html?eref=rss_tech

A couple of days ago I posted about a worried response from a University in
Estonia. SPAM and stock market manipulation are just the tip of the iceberg
because people's life depend on computing and networks nowadays.

America seems to have found a 'solution'... albeit a very disturbing one...

U.S. cyber counterattack: Bomb 'em one way or the other

,----[ Quote ]
| If the United States found itself under a major cyberattack aimed
| at undermining the natio's critical information infrastructure,
| the Department of Defense is prepared, based on the authority of
| the president, to launch a cyber counterattack or an actual
| bombing of an attack source.
`----

http://www.networkworld.com/news/2007/020807-rsa-cyber-attacks.html

US plans for cyber attack revealed

                ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz     | Vista - Windows for zombies (and human beings)
  6:20pm  up 31 days  2:42,  8 users,  load average: 0.21, 0.16, 0.13