Re: How do I get photos posted on Google Images?

  • Subject: Re: How do I get photos posted on Google Images?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 09:11:08 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
__/ [ catherine yronwode ] on Tuesday 29 May 2007 06:38 \__

http://f9g.yahoofs.com/groups/g_18022196/.HomePage/__sr_/d004.jpg?gre1QXGB6Z8dZW8i

> http://missionary-independent.org/church-and-shop.jpg
> World's Smallest Church Missionary Independent Spiritual Church

Interesting. When browsing images in *ahem* that big search engine which I
prefer not to give unfair advtntage to, the captions are sometimes assigned
to the wrong images. That said, the alt attribute not only helps <insert
search engine here>, but it also helps confidence in classifiaction, which
can increase referrals/traffic/whatever you make out of it. None of this is
exact science (we merely try to specullate by 'backward engineering' the
algorithm), but I get almost thousands of referrals per day owing to images
that are aptly labelled. If people search for "cat", they are unlikely to
then click on an image of a dog that happened to have been above the kitty.

--
                ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Get the most out of your hardware. Get Linux.
  9:05am  up 30 days 17:27,  8 users,  load average: 0.53, 0.90, 0.73