Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Stops (Public) Spying on UseNet

On 2007-05-29, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> claimed:
> Microsoft Shuts Down Netscan (Usenet groups Analytics Tool)
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Microsoft Netscan system has been scanning and collection activity
>| of all newsgroups since 1999 but unfortunately, things are about
>| to change.
> `----
>
> http://labnol.blogspot.com/2007/05/microsoft-shuts-down-netscan-usenet.html

The trolls will no longer have a central source to look up whether I
posted as Roy Culley today, or as Sinister Midget.

People like Erik and MIDL will be even more in demand for the trolls.
They'll be able to charge high dollar for tracking down message IDs and
the use of certain letter and number combinations that are dead
giveaways that we're all the same person, or 3 people at most.

Maybe Timmy and Hadnone can finally learn a trade from those guys, too.

--
Bill Gates: "As long as they [China] are going to steal it, we want
them to steal ours. They'll get sort of addicted, and then we'll