Re: Wolf In Sheep's Clothing? Dell/Open site running on ASPX !!!

On May 25, 4:26 am, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
[...]
> > explain this "flirt" please.
>
> Here it is in video:
>
> http://boycottnovell.com/2007/05/13/dell-video-ip/
>
> This /could/ develop in unwanted ways.
[...]

A strange little video, but even in a worse case scenario where
microsoft is "distributing" linux, the downside isn't so bad.  Even if
every single distro signed the novell-type pact it simply raises
awareness of linux which points to the inherent flaws of windows.

the novell type pact is remiscent of the prisoners dilemna, with the
added complexity that the plantiff's case is full of holes.  I don't
get the attitude towards novell, they got a good deal, and good for
them.  the alternative was to not make a deal and not get cash.
however it pans out, that deal was a win for novell, and, indirectly,
for dell.

again, however it pans out, I'm not seeing that the deal was good for
microsoft.  If microsoft were to win a hypothetical patent war, then
why make the deal in the first place?  if they lose, then deal was a
total loss.  If said patent war never emerges, the press which linux
received outweighs, to my mind, the FUD.

-Thufir