Re: [News] [Roy Lying Again] Tux500 (Linux at the Indy 500) Hits C|Net

On 2007-05-26, thad05@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <thad05@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> claimed:
> Chris B. <chrisb@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [ sniped from your .sig ... ]
>> "I sometimes have over 50 windows open, I have 16 dual-head virtual
>> desktops, and I usually have about 100-150 tasks running, with just
>> 512 MB of RAM." - The Liar Roy Schestowitz
>
> I just curious why you felt compelled to quote the above in your sig.
> I assume from the 'Liar' bit that you doubt it is possible, but I've
> ran far more on even lower end hardware and without it breaking a
> sweat.  Right now I'm running 230 processes with over 60 windows
> open and 16 virtual desktops (I don't have dual head system).  My
> current CPU utilization is around 0.5% as most of those processes
> are spending most of their time waiting on I/O (being terminal
> shells or status monitors).  I have a gig of RAM in this system,
> but according to the free command I would not be paging even if I
> had half that.
>
> I'm just curious what was so sig worthy about Roy's claim.

The trolls don't believe that's possible. They look at their task
manager, see the Idle process sitting at 99%, but the system is still
dragging like a cruise ship through a narrow, shallow river. They think
everything runs like that. They can't get linux running on their own,
despite it being so simple that a 3-year-old can do it now, and suspect
they're being fed lies since they can't try it to see for themselves.

Besides, the e-i-e-i-o troll is just a shit-stirrer. Scoring s/h/it at
-9999 is too good, but things can't get any lower than that.

--
Windows: Malware.