Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Windows Zombies Take the Telegraph Down

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, [H]omer
<spam@xxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Thu, 24 May 2007 00:57:53 +0100
<111fi4-eqq.ln1@xxxxxxxxxx>:
>> Telegraph floored by DDoS attack
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Cyber-attacks have been much in the news of late. Last week,
>> | Russian and European leaders held a summit in the aftermath of a
>> | three-week cycle of denial of service attacks targeting the
>> | Baltic countries' internet infrastructure.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/05/22/telegraph_ddos/
>>
>> Forget about Bill Gates' promise on SPAM (2004). You have countries fighting
>> one another using Windows botnets.
>
> WWIII will be fought on the Internet. In fact I think it's already
> started in COLA, judging by the amount of covert operatives we have
> gathering intel for the Vole.

COLA is only one tiny front in a very wide war.

http://www.securityfocus.com/news/11195
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/06/03/malware_blitz/
http://techrepublic.com.com/5208-6230-0.html?forumID=102&threadID=218350&messageID=2211469

Forward, march...

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Useless C++ Programming Idea #8830129:
std::set<...> v; for(..:iterator i = v.begin(); i != v.end(); i++)
    if(*i == thing) {...}