Re: [News] [OSS] Open Source Breeds Better Security

On Fri, 25 May 2007 09:02:03 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Open source key to anti-terrorism efforts
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Open source = more security, not less.

Oh, yes, I suppose that explains this then, right.

http://blogsecurity.net/wordpress/articles/article-230507/

"BlogSecurity incrementally harvested the WordPress software version from
50 blogs; the results were frightening to say the least.

The following statement was taken from WordPress: None of these [WordPress
Versions] are safe to use, except the latest in the 2.0 or 2.1 series,
which are both actively maintained.

[...]

In summary, out of the first 50 blogs we selected, 49 of them are
potentially vulnerable to known attacks."

Say, don't you run Wordpress too?  "generator="wordpress/1.2.1", oops.