[News] [Rival] Customers Get Stuck with an Operating System They Do Not Want

Microsoft makes it hard to downgrade Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| System integrators are up in arms, incandescent and the rest,
| because Microsoft hasn't made it easy for them to downgrade the
| Vista OS to Windows XP.
|
| According to CRN US, Microsoft is aware of the problem and trying
| to fix it.

Where is our Vista upgrade?

,----[ Quote ]
| Not just delivery times are affected - the whole process has been
| shambolic, as credit cards have been refused, proof of purchases
| have been disappearing, and orders have been cancelled for no
| reason. Similar tales of woe appear all over internet forums.
| Whilst we haven't had too many problems, the huge wait is
| hardly acceptable.

This whole mess might encourage a lot more people to make room for a second
partition (Linux).

Related:

Don't downgrade to Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft is using the catchphrase "The 'Wow' starts now" to market
| Vista, their new operating system. There is, however, nothing
| awe-inspiring about this software.
`----

http://media.www.thegeorgetownindependent.com/media/storage/paper136/news/2007/02/28/Commentary/Dont-Downgrade.To.Vista-2747338.shtml
http://tinyurl.com/2mg7wp

Windows Vista Gaming Performance Reports

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://techgage.com/article/windows_vista_gaming_performance_reports