Re: Buh Bye!, Windows! Vista will be the last version of Windows for Pentium 4 and Core Duo owners

  • Subject: Re: Buh Bye!, Windows! Vista will be the last version of Windows for Pentium 4 and Core Duo owners
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 09:15:04 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy, alt.politics, misc.consumers
__/ [ Tom Shelton ] on Friday 25 May 2007 06:40 \__

> On May 19, 7:53 am, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>> __/ [ balanc...@xxxxxxxxx ] on Thursday 17 May 2007 16:54 \__
>>
>> >  Seeing how Windoze is becomming more and more of a bug and bloat
>> > laden, DRM
>> > ridden McPeice-of-crap, I won't be shedding any tears over this.
>>
>> >http://apcmag.com/6121/windows_server_gets_vista_version_itis
>> >http://slashdot.org/articles/07/05/17/1452228.shtml
>>
>> Update:
>>
>> This might have been inaccurate.
>> Seehttp://www.osnews.com/story.php?news_id=17938
>>
>> If Vista ever has a successor (that is workable), it won't necessarily be
>> 64 bit. They only spoke about servers and that's not going well, either.
>> They drop pretty much all the features and will just deliver a
>> resource-hogging GUI. They claim modularity, but since they won't reveal
>> the source code, it could be a marketing stunt. Server 2003 with a new
>> name... Server 2008... Vista, by the way, is the Server 2003 codebase plus
>> 6 months of development. Testing the thing for almost 9 months was no
>> enough because Vista was still in alpha state on RTM day. They redefined
>> RC and delivered a system that could, if it weren't for the EULA,
>> encourage lawsuits.
>>
>> --
>>                 ~~ Best regards
>>
>> Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Billigator: eats your filesystem
>> alivehttp://Schestowitz.com |  RHAT GNU/Linux   ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
>>          run-level 5  Apr 28 15:45                   last=S
>>      http://iuron.com- help build a non-profit search engine
>
> The only thing they announced is that Windows Server 2008 will be the
> last 32-bit server OS to ship.  From now on, all Windows Server
> products will be 64-bit only.  They have made no such decision for the
> client side.

Indeed. I read about it last week. It would be surprising if they expected
Joe Blogg's desktop to suddently say goodbye to 32-bit executables. Servers
are a different matter.

--
                ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Spam enchanted evening..."
Swap:  1036184k total,   710168k used,   326016k free,    28056k cached