Re: [News] [Linux] Microsoft Patent Claims a "Public Relations Disaster", Novell's Damage Explained

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Thursday 24 May 2007 02:04 \__

>> Microsoft Steps Up Open-Source Battle
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
> [...]
>> | She noted that Microsoft's threat to sue had backfired, and pointed
>> | to a website that lists over 300 open-source supporters that are
>> | openly asking Microsoft to sue them over alleged patent infringement.
>
> It's over 800 now.
>
> http://digitaltippingpoint.com/wiki/index.php?title=SMFM_list_page_07
>
> Microsoft won't do it, they know they don't stand a chance.

Yes, and both initiatives are successful because they make a point (a couple
actually):

1. Microsoft has /NOTHING/ to sue with.

2. Microsoft is no better than SCO (in terms of code disclosure).

--
                ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Switch to GNU/Linux. < http://www.getgnulinux.org/

Tasks: 136 total,   1 running, 131 sleeping,   0 stopped,   4 zombie