Re: [News] [Rival] XBox Failure Rates (Very Grossly) Estimated at 61%

  • Subject: Re: [News] [Rival] XBox Failure Rates (Very Grossly) Estimated at 61%
  • From: Maverick <Sun@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 15:59:23 -0600
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
John Bailo wrote:
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

360 failure rates at 61%?

,----[ Quote ]
| Over at XBox 360 Gamer they have refused to buy Microsoft?s claimed
| 4-5% failure rates and instead opted to create their own poll which
| yielded shocking results. At the time of writing there have been
| 3780 submissions and 2355 comments resulting in claimed failure
| rates of 61%.

The XBox 360 is not a gaming console.

It is a PC with a high end video card that Microsoft rushed to put into a glitzy box to compete with Sony.

They made no innovations in power or cooling -- so of course the thing will fry...it's the same as if I put duct tape on all the openings in my PC chassis.

The G5 processor is one bitch to keep cool. Either they put it in a big fan or have good software to control the heat via the fan.
Plus a big heatsink wouldn't hurt either.